![]() |
| Tsewang |
"Norbu, do you know her?" I appealed him
I wait
patiently as my heart beat softly on my chest but my mind keeps running like a
mad elephant. I just wish something positive from his mouth rather than some bullshit.
I really wish he could say “here is her cell number” “she wanna be friend with
you” “she saw you charming and funny”. For the few minutes he didn’t opened his
mouth, without a word he scraped his head and turn back, walk briskly toward
kitchen. Dirty though start evaporate from my mind and my heart start beating
fast and faster. “Is she his girlfriend?” “Is he still upset with me?” “Is she
gone abroad?” I knew, some dust yet not settled down between someone. Might be
between us or might be between them. I couldn’t figure out which one.
He was not
the same Norbu as I know him before, he had a fairy skin but now smoky skin,
rough face with strange eyes expression, neither I can read nor I can judged
easily, his silky hair turn into long dread lock, it perfectly match his skin.
He still speaks softly and slowly with firmly and confidently. He was a boy
with magic mind….creative……imaginative…..originative…..inventive….exam carefully
before he does anything. We used to call him “Albert Einstein” not because he
looks alive because of his knowledge in mathematic. He was illustrious in
mathematic in entire school. Since he came from low profile background beside
he was the first child of the parent. He dropped out school by the mid of +2.
I remember those
black and white moments, when we were in high school, there was a girl called
Lhadon whom he love affectionally. He used to tell me “I won’t marry until or
unless she was the one” one day our headmaster was off to meeting to India and
asked Norbu to look after his house for the time being. At the time, I was
keeper of guest house and office, mean I don’t need to sleep in hostel, I was
accompanying by KN (Karma Norbu). It was Norbu’s idea to drink as we are about
to graduated from high school, we agreed willingly and stick to his planned.
That very
night, Norbu and Sonam bunked hostel and brought enough drink to make our-self
drunk. Before we started we fried the beef, played You’re beautiful by Bryan Adams and Loney by Akon and listed goes on…...there were eight of my
class-mate including me.
All I
remember is…..we shake our foot with those beautiful songs….watched some porn
movies. I saw Tashi puking and Norbu was quivering with the song so deeply that
his eyes were closed. Most of them were drinking and gossiping about girls. The
room was filled with smoke and bottles everywhere, I light the cigarette,
grabbed a beer, went upstairs to the roof. Neither moon nor twinkling stars are
above my head….black sheet has covered almost entire surface. I dial to Tsering
Dolma and we exchange a short conversation.
I don’t know whose
idea it might be but somehow we fly toward girls hostel around at 2:0 am,
checking out some girls who were making name and fame including Lhadon. Norbu said something bit seriously…..I
couldn’t catch his words…..all I hear is bla bla bla….Sonam told me, I was
laughing at him like a mad man. I was told that I was after Lhadon like cat
chasing for mouse. I don’t exactly remembered what I did with her…..might be I kissed
her…that’s not a big deal…it’s like kissing to the corpse…..neither she knows
nor does she feel.
Since that
rough and bumpy night, I become rotten egg in his eyes, he start building a dam
and give me peculiar looks whenever we met. Truly speaking, I accepted it as my
fault and beside I hardly spend much time, thinking on such matter…..I know his
habit and character…If anything bother him, he acted strangely, neither he
exchanged conversation nor share smile. He stayed quietly all alone for long
time.
“She is Tsering Dolma’s cousin” after a long
wait, he said in a very low voice with grief face.
WILL BE CONTINUE..........

hey fwen i lyk it..it was so nyce.....m so excited for the nex chapter.....plz plz plzzz update it soon hoi....
ReplyDeleteOMG..dats wat u used to do wen i was in school.flashback....waiting >3
ReplyDelete