Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Need Plantation in Mustang

Once again, I travel to the paradise recently, thou my destiny was Upper Mustang. Unfortunately I have to turn back from Kagbeni unwillingly, a gateway to Upper Mustang as a matter of thick snow falls. It was winter and snow sparkling like diamond and the sun ray shine as the golden threat; everything is white, like a fairy realm.
While travelling from Beni to Jomson, my chum Jigme Ngodup was terrified by the condition of road, he keeps asking me “when are we reaching?” I keep saying “soon”. He revealed some incident, which ring alarm in my brain….. “A bus with full passengers fell from hill while tuning but fortunately not single passenger died only a minor injury. You know why? Because trees hold the bus from falling. Oh ya…Luckiest accident ever happened” Which multiply my doubt and put me into fearful situation, as the road to SHAMBALA (Mustang) is deadly dangerous and additionally poor plantation. Mustang is truly gifted by god (if you believe in god thing), a magnificent geographic with a beautiful and religious people, both internal and external beauty. However, the road to such paradise is “OH MY GOD!!!”

"OMG"
Almost every year, plants are chopped off for various reasons but plantation…not at all? No one cares about plantation? Because everyone is busy to print money instead of doing something good for the people and environment. I remember vividly that in SAMAR village, it was green everywhere and birds makes their nests on trees while other wild animals walk freely. But now, even they chopped off the trees, minimum numbers of trees are there protecting wild animals and birds.
In Upper Mustang, you can count trees within your hand. I heard ACAP is doing a lot to the people and environment of Mustang. But I wonder, for more than two decade they had and are working for the people of Mustang. Why didn’t they even think of plantation? Why not plantation? Even if they did, where are the plants? A countable number of plants grow in individual garden, not in open space. If any natural disaster happens, it will swiftly damage whole village easily.  As there were no plants to whole the earth firmly, the more plantations we imply, the more benefit. Not only it protects from natural disaster but produce fresh air and so alike. Even it will attack more and more tourists, which additionally benefit the people.
Last July, I was in Ladhak, although the geographical beauty is so alike Mustang. But beautification they made is that: they had beautifully plant a lot to almost every empty space. Making the gray and dusty village into green, attractive and peaceful one. Isn’t that amazing job?  If they can make such beautification in such circumstance why not in Mustang?


In LADHAK
I know there are organizations and club in each individual village, I request them to give awareness about the plant to the people and go for PLANTATION. If you are reading this, suggest the people or club to grow plant. Your small contribution makes a difference, if you are sharing this article with your friends, which means you agree and have strong desire to see green in Mustang … …I am sure, you are not gonna forget to share this article with your Mustangi friend.

1 comment:

  1. Everybody says ...we should do this and that but nobody does it practically.... I hope u will implement n make is greeeeen mustang...

    ReplyDelete