Are you afraid of your life or future? If so, just chill out
and be free from your anxiety which makes you suffer. Only reading this article
doesn’t give you happiness but you have to practice only two things in your
life nothing more. I grantee, you will be happy forever. Well I am not going to
explain or convince you through some vast philosophy or theory to have a good life
as well as good future. Although my philosophy is not something untold in this
universe, I will explain through my own experience. Beside I am not alien to
give you knowledge out of this universe, I am just a simple student so, I request
you to kick your expectation. Because which will arise your anger; I don’t want
to inflame your smiley mood into enrage or angered. Never expect much from
someone else. It doesn’t matter, whether he or she is your dear or family,
whatever they are; just don’t expect much. Well, let me tell you one incident
I had a friend from Sikkim and honestly I am fond of him. We
had so many up and down situation but we always settled the dust quickly. So,
couples of years back, I went to Sikkim expecting big thing from him. After
reaching Sikkim, nothing happened as I expected from him, which hurt me a lot
and his face became source of misery and anger. Each day passed with burden, a
burden cause by expectation, I start building a wall and honestly I treated him
badly and for that I felt he deserved (at that time) but now I regretted my silly
action. This is because of my expectation, which ruin my whole trip to magnificent
Sikkim and honestly I really don’t remember where I visited at all because I
was doomed by anger and so forth.
In everyday life, we desire to have something it doesn’t
matter whether it is big or small… with having desire, we take action to
achieve by any means or cost. We suffer physically, mentally and emotionally
when in the process.
Last year I was craving for iphone, to fulfill my desire, I
lied with intension to deceive, deceit, artifice, cheat, play fraud with my
relatives. Just for that iphone, I break their trust. Later they knew about my
secret story and I was scolded badly. Since that day, they keep telling me about
iphone that I was tire of hearing. I get 30% happiness from iphone but
remaining 70% are anxious, greed, desire, lust, conflict, trouble and other
source of sorrow or suffering. I am not arguing not to buy iphone or other
gadget but all I mean is….be content with what you have. Be satisfied, pleased
and content with what you got.
Beside contemplate yourself why you need it… Well as far as
my experience, it’s just a fashion. The more expensive gadget I had, the more
problem I had. Just to make a small part, it cost big money and you have to
figure out the expense. Right now I am using the cheapest cell phone (mobile),
neither I have tension of losing it nor damage because I can easily replace it
beside it does make a call as same as other does.
Desire and expectation can apply in a positive sense, it is
very useful and gives us courage and strength to success but in negativity it’s
just a source of unhappiness. Expectation and desire goes hand in hand like the
two side of coin. You might fail after several attempted but don’t lose your
heart, keep continue your practice. As a saying “practice makes man perfect” You
can control it sooner or later. It’s like training your dog, at first your dog
won’t understand your language but with time it will. After that you can have
fun, happiness with your dog.
Every sentient being equally desire happiness whether
temporally or permanently, wishes not to experience even a slightest suffering.
Despite that all run after disharmony and troubles out of ignorance. Liberation (moksa or nirvana) is the final
destination for Buddhism but as far as my concerned, liberation is far far away
realm for us to be free from this ocean of suffering. So, just handle your negativity
expectation and desire. It’s like doorway to the happiness in your entire life.
wonderful writing
ReplyDelete